Diabetes – Facts and Figures;
- According to a study published by IDF (International Diabetes Foundation), India currently represents 49 percent of the world’s diabetes burden, with an estimated 72 million cases in 2017, a figure expected to almost double to 134 million by 2025.
- India is known as the “Diabetes capital of World” and Bangalore is called the “Diabetes Capital of India”.
- Dr. Vishwanath is one of the best diabetes doctors in Bangalore who follows a holistic approach to treat diabetes.
- Type 1 Diabetes only makes up 10% of the total cases.
- Types 1 Diabetes is caused by the immune system destroying the beta cells in the pancreas that produce insulin.
- This causes diabetes by making the body deficient in Insulin causing Insulin deficiency.
- Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus:
- If you are having type 2 diabetes; your body does not use insulin properly. This is called insulin resistance. At first, your pancreas makes extra insulin to make up for it. But, over time it isn’t able to keep up and can’t make enough insulin to keep your blood glucose at normal levels. This leads to the presence of high levels of Sugar in blood. It accounts for 90% of cases of Diabetes reported.
- It is therefore appropriately known as “sugar disease” in some parts of the world.
To learn more on Diabetes Mellitus. Read my blog on “Usual and Unusual Signs and Symptoms of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus Unique To Men and Women“.
What Causes Diabetes ?
Common Diabetes Myths;
Some of the common myths surrounding diabetes are:
1. Type 2 Diabetes Affects Only Obese People
Answer: – Not True
Why is it not true?
Although being overweight is a major causal factor in developing Type 2 diabetes. But obesity is not the only factor and not all obese people get diabetes. According to an estimate, around 20% of diabetics around the world are normal weight or underweight.
2. Diabetics must restrict quantity of eating while on medications
Answer: – Not True
Why is it not true?
What we eat is more important than how much we eat.
3. Diabetes is chronic progressive disease;
Many type 2 diabetes cases are reversible with diet and lifestyle.
To learn about more Diabetes related Myths. Read my blog here “Diabetes And Wellness – Some Myths Surrounding Diabetes”
To learn more about what should be the blood sugar levels for diabetics read my blog “Know Your Blood Sugar Levels If You Are Diabetic Or If You Are Living With Diabetes”
BREAKING MISCONCEPTIONS ABOUT DIABETES AND IS DIABETES REVERSIBLE?
How to Reverse type 2 Diabetes?
Reversing diabetes is possible and can be achieved if you follow the below mentioned steps religiously.
This should become an integral part of your daily routine. You will witness a gradual but stable change in the way your body is responding. It will give you a new look into the life making you a healthier version of yourself.
Here are the most effective principles to follow which you should follow if you want to reverse diabetes.
1. LCHF Diet (Low Carbohydrate, High Protein, Natural High Fat Diet)
2. Exercise regularly i.e. walking, brisk running, stretching, skipping. Incorporating Yoga in your workouts will work wonders for your sugar levels. Try practicing these asanas which are highly beneficial for your pancreatic health.
Read Also: 7 Best exercise for Diabetes
HOW DIABETES CAN BE REVERSED ?
9 WAYS TO REVERSE TYPE 2 DIABETES
3. Fasting under supervision;
To learn more about how Intermittent Fasting is helpful for diabetics. Read my blog “Manage and Reverse Your Diabetes With Intermittent Fasting”
4. Meditation is highly beneficial, which can help to calm the mind and release the stress.
Stress is also a leading cause of high sugars in diabetes.
To learn more about Stress and what causes it, read my blog “Distress and Chronic Stress – How it impacts our body and health?“.
5. Dietary supplements play a vital role in providing our body with vitamins and minerals. For e.g Vitamin C, B-complex and Vitamin E are essential supplements for a diabetic.
6. Herbs play a significant role in Ayurveda and are found to be some of the best sources of antioxidants and phytosterols which are beneficial for human body in multiple ways. Reducing sugar levels is one such benefit they provide. Some of the best herbs suggested for diabetic treatment are:
8 Tips to Prevent Diabetes if you are at high risk
Your search for “good diabetes clinic or doctor near me” is now over. Dr. Vishwanath, one of the best diabetologists in Bangalore, is also a health transformation and wellness specialist with years of experience in offering holistic treatment for diabetes. Visit our wellness center to consult with the best diabetes doctor in Bangalore. Book a consultation online or mail at email@example.com if you want to know about personalized diabetes treatments.