Diabetes – Facts and Figures;
- According to a study published by IDF (International Diabetes Foundation), India currently represents 49 percent of the world’s diabetes burden, with an estimated 72 million cases in 2017, a figure expected to almost double to 134 million by 2025.
- India is known as the “Diabetes capital of World” and Bangalore is called the “Diabetes Capital of India”.
- Dr. Vishwanath is one of the best diabetes doctors in Bangalore who follows a holistic approach to treat diabetes.
- Type 1 Diabetes only makes up 10% of the total cases.
- Types 1 Diabetes is caused by the immune system destroying the beta cells in the pancreas that produce insulin.
- This causes diabetes by making the body deficient in Insulin causing Insulin deficiency.
- Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus:
- If you are having type 2 diabetes; your body does not use insulin properly. This is called insulin resistance. At first, your pancreas makes extra insulin to make up for it. But, over time it isn’t able to keep up and can’t make enough insulin to keep your blood glucose at normal levels. This leads to the presence of high levels of Sugar in blood. It accounts for 90% of cases of Diabetes reported.
- It is therefore appropriately known as “sugar disease” in some parts of the world.
To learn more on Diabetes Mellitus. Read my blog on “Usual and Unusual Signs and Symptoms of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus Unique To Men and Women“.
What Causes Diabetes ?
Common Diabetes Myths;
Some of the common myths surrounding diabetes are:
1. Type 2 Diabetes Affects Only Obese People
Answer: – Not True
Why is it not true?
Although being overweight is a major causal factor in developing Type 2 diabetes. But obesity is not the only factor and not all obese people get diabetes. According to an estimate, around 20% of diabetics around the world are normal weight or underweight.
2. Diabetics must restrict quantity of eating while on medications
Answer: – Not True
Why is it not true?
What we eat is more important than how much we eat.
3. Diabetes is chronic progressive disease;
Many type 2 diabetes cases are reversible with diet and lifestyle.
To learn about more Diabetes related Myths. Read my blog here “Diabetes And Wellness – Some Myths Surrounding Diabetes”
To learn more about what should be the blood sugar levels for diabetics read my blog “Know Your Blood Sugar Levels If You Are Diabetic Or If You Are Living With Diabetes”
BREAKING MISCONCEPTIONS ABOUT DIABETES AND IS DIABETES REVERSIBLE?
How to Reverse type 2 Diabetes?
Reversing diabetes is possible and can be achieved if you follow the below mentioned steps religiously.
This should become an integral part of your daily routine. You will witness a gradual but stable change in the way your body is responding. It will give you a new look into the life making you a healthier version of yourself.
Here are the most effective principles to follow which you should follow if you want to reverse diabetes.
1. LCHF Diet (Low Carbohydrate, High Protein, Natural High Fat Diet)
2. Exercise regularly i.e. walking, brisk running, stretching, skipping. Incorporating Yoga in your workouts will work wonders for your sugar levels. Try practicing these asanas which are highly beneficial for your pancreatic health.
Read Also: 7 Best exercise for Diabetes
Yoga Asanas for Diabets
Super Healthy Fit Plan
HOW DIABETES CAN BE REVERSED ?
9 WAYS TO REVERSE TYPE 2 DIABETES
3. Fasting under supervision;
To learn more about how Intermittent Fasting is helpful for diabetics. Read my blog “Manage and Reverse Your Diabetes With Intermittent Fasting”
4. Meditation is highly beneficial, which can help to calm the mind and release the stress.
Stress is also a leading cause of high sugars in diabetes.
To learn more about Stress and what causes it, read my blog “Distress and Chronic Stress – How it impacts our body and health?“.
5. Dietary supplements play a vital role in providing our body with vitamins and minerals. For e.g Vitamin C, B-complex and Vitamin E are essential supplements for a diabetic.
6. Herbs play a significant role in Ayurveda and are found to be some of the best sources of antioxidants and phytosterols which are beneficial for human body in multiple ways. Reducing sugar levels is one such benefit they provide. Some of the best herbs suggested for diabetic treatment are:
When to consult a diabetes specialist in Bangalore?
It is important that you look for the early signs and symptoms of diabetes. If you have persistent infections or slow-healing wounds, you may be diagnosed with diabetes. Other general warning signs include extreme thirst, hunger, fatigue, numbness of hands and feet, irritable behaviour and blurred vision. These symptoms cause a lot of stress. Look for these symptoms and get help immediately from a diabetologist. In cases of hypoglycemia, low blood sugar level, hyperglycemia, high blood sugar level, get advice from the best diabetologist in Bangalore. Diabetes can occur at any age. Earlier the treatment, the better and most efficient the results will be.
8 Tips to Prevent Diabetes if you are at high risk
Your search for “good diabetes clinic or doctor near me” is now over. Dr. Vishwanath, one of the best diabetologists in Bangalore, is also a health transformation and wellness specialist with years of experience in offering holistic treatment for diabetes. Visit our wellness center to consult with the best diabetes doctor in Bangalore. Book a consultation online or mail at email@example.com if you want to know about personalized diabetes treatments.
1. What are the types of diabetes?
Type 1 diabetes is caused by an autoimmune reaction that limits the pancreas ability to produce insulin.
Type 2 diabetes is mainly caused by insulin resistance and several other environmental and genetic factors.|
The third type is gestational diabetes caused by hormonal changes during pregnancy.
2. What are the early symptoms of diabetes?
The symptoms may vary according to the type of diabetes. Some of the early signs include fatigue, unexplained weight loss, frequent urination, blurry vision, extreme hunger and thirst, slow healing of cuts and bruises, etc.
3. How to control diabetes naturally?
The four important ways to manage diabetes naturally are
- Low carbohydrate or Keto diet
- intermittent fasting under vision
- proper exercises and
- stress management
4. Is there any permanent cure for diabetes?
- Type 1 diabetes can’t be cured completely.
- Type 2 diabetes can be reversed in most cases by low carbohydrates diet and intermittent fasting.
5. How to control type two diabetes in the early stages?
Type 2 diabetes can be reversed completely in the early stages by Low carbohydrate or Keto diet, intermittent fasting under vision, proper exercises and stress management.
6. Is keto diet good for diabetic patients?
Yes, Keto is a good diet for diabetic patients. Keto diet improves blood glucose levels while reducing the need for insulin.
7. Will eating lots of food containing sugar make me diabetic?
Type 2 diabetes is a metabolic disease that commonly affects people who are overweight or obese. Sugar contributes to obesity and makes obese individuals more prone to diabetes.
8. What are the effective home remedies for diabetes?
Consume fenugreek seed powder with water daily to lower blood sugar levels. Indian gooseberry or amla is the traditional remedy to control high blood sugar levels. Take two spoons of amla juice early in the morning. These are the natural remedies for diabetes.
9. How to prevent diabetes naturally?
Diabetes can be prevented naturally if you follow a healthy lifestyle. Drink water and stay hydrated. Increase your fiber intake. Follow a nutrition plan and maintain a healthy weight.
10. Who is a suggested diabetes doctor in Bangalore?
Dr. Vishwanath is one of the best diabetologists in Bangalore who follows an integrated approach for diabetes management and reversal. Considered as one of the best diabetes doctors in Bangalore, Dr. Vishwanath’s root level analysis of diabetic health status helps to identify causes and risk factors, an understanding of which is detrimental to reversing and keeping diabetes at bay. Get the best diabetes treatment from the diabetologist!