Fatty Liver Treatment in Bangalore
Home >> Fatty Liver Treatment
- Non Alcoholic Fatty liver disease is lifestyle disease which is common like obesity and diabetes.
- It is a silent disease without any symptoms. Many people get to know only after ultrasound scans.
- Fatty liver disease if left untreated,may lead to complications like liver failure and worsening of diabetes status.
- It easy to reverse fatty liver disease in early stages by proper diet and lifestyle changes.
Non-Alcoholic FATTY LIVER disease (NAFLD)
Fatty liver disease is a lifestyle disorder that has been discovered just 25 years ago. This condition is usually only identified when individuals undergo preventive health check-ups. It is a well-known fact that alcohol causes cirrhosis and fatty liver. However, diagnostics now show that millions of people in India who don’t consume alcohol are affected by fatty liver condition. Nearly 30 to 40% of the population suffers from early forms of NAFLD.
Studies show that children are also susceptible to NAFLD, which initially was found to be common amongst people 40 years and above. The reason for incidence of fatty liver in children is the increase of childhood obesity. As diabetes and obesity have become more common, fatty liver disease has also become very common. According to research studies by WHO, liver diseases is the 10th most common cause of death in India. The Lancet medical journal published a report in December 2017 stating that incidence of liver disease will become higher than that of heart disease by 2020.
What is fatty liver ?
Fatty liver is a condition where there is excess of fat in the liver. If the liver cells contain more than 5% fat, the condition is diagnosed as fatty liver disease.
What are the causes of non-alcoholic fatty liver ?
- Insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes
- Rapid weight loss
- Obesity with more belly fat
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol levels in the blood
What are the symptoms of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease?
Non-alcoholic fatty liver is a silent disease and many patients live with it for many years without even experiencing any symptoms or knowing that they are suffering from this condition.
NAFLD is a chronic but silent disease, which means that most patients live with it for several years without experiencing any symptoms and many are unaware of it.
What happens if fatty liver disease is left untreated?
- 15 to 20% NAFD could lead to serious consequences like cirrhosis, liver failure, liver cancer or advanced fibrosis
- It could lead to prediabetes and type 2 diabetes. As fat builds up in the liver, it gets more difficult to control fasting glucose levels. It also increases the resistance to insulin.
How to diagnose Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease?
Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease is diagnosed by doing an ultrasound examination of the liver. Liver test functions are also done.
DIET AND LIFESTYLE CHANGES FOR FATTY LIVER DISEASE REVERSAL.
Non alcoholic Fatty liver is another common lifestyle disease discovered since last 25 years.
Fatty liver disease if left untreated,may lead to complications like liver failure and worsening of diabetes status.
It is possible to reverse fatty liver disease in earlier stages.
Here is the list of Foods to avoid (which may worsen fatty liver disease)
- Refined carbohydrates like breads ,sugar ,white rice and Maida
- Sugary drinks like sports drinks,soda ,energy drinks
- Processed foods
- Fried foods
- Vegetables for liver detox; Beetroot ,cabbage ,lettuce ,broccoli, carrots ,cucumbers,and spinach. Green leafy vegetables contain inorganic nitrate that can help prevent the accumulation of fat in the liver.
- Apple cider vinegar
- Green tea
- Sweet potatoes and bananas
- Fatty fish
- Sunflower seeds
Read More: 21 Natural remedies and Supplements for Diabetes
Life style changes to reverse fatty liver
Maintain ideal weight,specially flat abdomen.
- Exercise regularly
- Control your blood sugars if diabetic
- Manage your stress
- Drinking coffee twice a day is good for liver.
- Eating food low in carbohydrates and high in healthy natural fats is good for fatty liver.
- Avoid prolonged sitting .
- Prolonged sitting in offices common.
It will increase risk the risk of fatty liver. Avoid taking medications to treat fatty liver disease.
Reverse it with food and lifestyle.
Dr. Vishwanath recommends lifestyle changes for fatty liver treatment. During the first consultation, he will talk to you about your medical history, food habits and lifestyle and suggest a personalized treatment plan to deal with this medical ailment. You can meet the doctor at one of his wellness centres in Bangalore. Conveniently book an appointment online on the website.