Weight Loss Treatment in Bangalore
Home >> Weight Loss Programs
Did your search for the “best weight loss centres near me” bring you here? You have come to the right place if you want to know about weight loss treatment in Bangalore. We offer personalised weight loss programs in Bangalore based on various factors including lifestyle, diet, exercise and medical history.
Nearly 70% people are overweight and 25% people are in obesity range.
1. Obesity Symptoms;
Obesity can cause following symptoms on a day to day basis :
- Increased sweating
- Inability to cope with sudden physical activity
- Feeling very tired every day
- Back and joint pains
- Low confidence and self esteem
- Feeling isolated
2. Causes Of Obesity
Common causes of obesity can include :
a) Eating a diet comprising of foods high in unhealthy fats and refined carbohydrates like white rice, Maida ,sugars, bread etc.
b) Having a predominant sedentary lifestyle.
c) Having less sleep, which can lead to hormonal changes that make you feel hungrier and crave certain high-calorie foods.
d) Genetics, (small proportion)which determines how fast or slow you, can burn the food
Certain medical conditions may also cause weight gain. They are as follows :
a) Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS):
a condition that causes an imbalance of female reproductive hormones leading to accumulation of weight.
A condition in which the thyroid gland doesn’t produce enough of certain important hormones.
Read Also: Types of Body fats
CHRONIC DISTURBED SLEEP CAN LEAD TO WEIGHT GAIN
3. How Obesity Is Measured
Obesity can be measured by various techniques, but the most common methods being used are Body Mass Index (BMI) and Waist Circumference.
Body Mass Index
BMI is a person’s weight in kilograms divided by height in square meter (BMI = kg/m2). It is important to understand what a “healthy weight” is. Healthy weight is defined as a body mass index (BMI) equal to or greater than 19 and less than 25 among people above 20 years of age.
The World Health Organization uses a classification system using the BMI to define overweight and obesity.
Read Also: How to Calculate BMI
Waist circumference is a less-common method used to measure obesity in an individual. This simple measurement indicates obesity and morbid obesity in adults by measuring your waist. To find your waist circumference, you have to wrap a measuring tape around the area above your hip bone and below your rib cage.
For females, a waist circumference of 35 inches or greater is considered unhealthy. For men, a waist circumference of 40 inches or greater is considered unhealthy. There is no chart or range that specifies obesity, only the simple measurements are used as a parameter to determine obesity.
4. Complications Related To Obesity
Obese people are more likely to develop these complications after a certain time period :
- Diabetes (Type-2 Diabetes) resulting from excess sugar in blood.
- Atherosclerosis – Narrowing of Arteries Due to Plaque build-up (High Blood Cholesterol contributes towards this phenomenon)
- Coronary Heart Diseases Including – Heart Attack
- Cerebrovascular Diseases including Stroke
- Gallbladder Disease
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Sleep apnea and respiratory problems
- Cancer, including cancer of the uterus, cervix, Endometrium, ovaries, breast, colon, rectum, esophagus, liver, gallbladder, pancreas, kidney and prostate
- Gynecological problems, such as infertility and irregular periods
- Erectile dysfunction and sexual health issues
- Non alcoholic fatty liver disease, a condition in which fat builds up in liver leading to swelling and inflammation.
5. Managing obesity and overweight;
Prevent weight gain by keeping the below points in mind while planning a fitness diet:
1. Avoid Processed Sugar
2. Avoid Processed Food such as Maida(White Flour) and products made of Maida
3. Have a Low Carbohydrate Diet, as Far as possible consume complex/fibrous carbohydrates rich in nutrients.
Excess carbohydrate and sedentary lifestyle causes Insulin Resistance.
4. Natural Fats can be consumed in moderation and they are important for good health and sound metabolism. Avoid processed fat like commercially available processed dairy products.
Milk and homemade Ghee can be consumed.
Also avoid processed oils.
Cold pressed Virgin Oils are always better.
5. You should get your daily dose of proteins.
Your diet should be rich in proteins and vitamins.
6. The role of sufficient sound sleep is a key factor.
7. Learn to manage stress.
8. Follow intermittent fasting.
9. You can also follow the keto diet for weight loss.
Read Also: 7 Best Morning Habits
The wellness doctor can help you plan and execute this diet plan. Many people think of fasting for weight loss.
Obesity and Weight Loss Treatment in Bangalore
You can visit my health and wellness centre to join my weight loss programs in Bangalore.
I adopt a multidimensional approach for treating Obesity. Apart from designing a diet plan to lose weight fast, I focus on changing the lifestyle and related factors of people affected with Obesity.
I perform a thorough assessment of the individuals, their medical history, lifestyle, personality, and their current life scenarios.
Based on the Assessment, I chart out a specific treatment plan that is holistic and an implementation calendar to yield tangible results and bring about a sustainable transformation.