Thyroid Specialist in Bangalore
Home >> Thyroid Specialist Near Me
Feeling tired and fatigued most of the time? Did you have a sudden spurt of weight gain? These symptoms could be indicators of thyroid problem. So, you need to immediately consult a thyroid specialist in Bangalore.
Basic Understanding thyroid lab tests.
It is important to remember that just checking the TSH (Thyroid stimulating hormone)value will not be enough in order to diagnose or initiate hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism treatment.
The target optimum TSH levels are different for adults,pregnant women and for children.
Smoking, sickness and stress could affect TSH values.
- Free T3 and FreeT4 tests need to be done in order to diagnose, follow up and monitor treatment response.
- Thyroid antibodies TPO and TgAb should also be done to rule out the autoimmune cause of thyroid dysfunction.
- In very rare cases, vitamin B12, serum homocysteine, vitamin D, Reverse T3 levels and iron profile may be required.
- In the case of thyroid gland enlargement like goitre, radionuclide scan or thyroid ultrasound may be required.
Thyroid and weight gain
Low levels of thyroid, also called hypothyroidism, can lead to weight gain.
- The important signs of hypothyroidism are weight gain and inability to lose weight.
- The other symptoms of hypothyroidism are dry skin, intolerance to cold, muscle cramps, forgetfulness, fatigue, menstrual problems and constipation.
- In the early stages, the symptoms may not be seen.
- Also, no two individuals will have the same kind of symptoms.
Unlike most general physicians in Bangalore who use a single approach to thyroid treatment, Dr. Vishwanath recommends a suite of natural treatments and lifestyle changes. He personally talks to each patient to understand their medical history and lifestyle to recommend simple lifestyle changes for good thyroid health.
Simple lifestyle changes for thyroid health
- Exercise – Regular exercise can stimulate thyroid secretion
- Manage stress – Studies have shown that stress can cause autoimmune reactions, which could worsen thyroid gland inflammation
- Stop smoking: Toxic chemicals like cadmium and mercury in cigarettes have a detrimental effect on thyroid secretion.
DIET for Thyroid dysfunction;
Best diet for thyroid dysfunction is paleo diet -Diet like early humans.
Diet with no grains ,with moderate proteins and healthy natural fats.
One-fourth of thyroid function depends on good gut health. So, make sure to add homemade curd or yogurts to your diet.
Natural fats found in walnuts, paneer, coconut, ghee, almonds and paneer are good for hormone functions.
Avoid Foods additives, processed food, sugar, and gluten increase insulin resistance and inflammation, worsening autoimmune conditions like autoimmune thyroiditis.
Vegetables like cabbage, brussels sprouts, spinach, broccoli have many benefits.
So, it is not advisable to completely remove them from the diet.
The alternative is to steam or cook these vegetables to reduce goitrogenic compounds and have them in moderation.
Yoga and Chakra meditation for thyroid problems.
Blockage or imbalance in the Vishuddhi Chakra can cause thyroid problems.
Mediate focusing on the Vishuddhi Chakra for 15 to 30 minutes every day.
It will purify and heal your body from the cellular level.
Yoga and chakra meditation are helpful in effective stress management.
Do it with proper training.