As people are getting more tech-savvy and social media-centric, it has become difficult for them to take a break from their digital screens and bring a balance to their real and digital lives. Due to this predicament, people need to consider digital detoxification as a part of their daily lives. During the period of Digital Detox, a person refrains from using any technology whatsoever. Instead of using technologies such as computers, smartphones, TVs; people focus on hobbies, passion or simply connect with nature.
Benefits of a Digital Detox
Digital Detox has proved to be vital in getting a healthier lifestyle. Some of the ways through which it has been quite beneficial are:
Mental Health Improvement
Reduced physical inactivity and excessive use of technology have led to several mental health conditions. Following the procedure of digital detox has proved to be an excellent remedy in reducing problems associated with mental health.
Stress Reduction and Better Sleep
Taking walks and following passion also helps in dealing with stress
and anxiety which ultimately leads to better-relaxed sleep. Sleeping instead of using smartphones late at night has played a major role in improving sleep schedules and achieving REM sleep.
Reconnecting with Nature and Improved Social Life
Switching off cell phones and taking long walks in nature have helped many individuals to connect with nature again. It has also helped them to connect with people around them without getting distracted by the notification of their smartphones creating an improved social life.
Signs You Might Need a Digital Detox
There are several signs which justify whether you need Digital Detox or not. Doctors suggest that an individual needs to consider Digital Detox in case:
- They get stressed when they cannot find their phones.
- They check their phones every minute.
- They sleep late and wake up early just to use their phones.
- They are avoiding physical activities and always staying at a place using digital devices.
- They get depressed and stressed out after using social media.
- They are always distracted by their phones and cannot focus on the task at hand.
What happens when your digital detox?
- After you have followed the procedure of Digital Detoxification, you will relieve your stress resulting in a better mood and a happier lifestyle.
- Achieving REM sleep becomes easy. When there is no usage of phones at night, our body can produce ample melatonin (a hormone associated with sleep) resulting in better sleep.
- Since there is no distraction during Digital Detox, it helps in teaching your brain to retain concentration on a single task. Thus it improves your Attention Span:
- Using digital devices and sitting at a place for a long period can cause neck and back pain. Digital Detox on the other hand compels you to take long walks and perform regular exercise which improves the body posture.
Does a Digital Detox work?
Several results have proved Digital Detox to be quite effective when it comes to reducing the addiction to digital devices. Some evidence also suggests that it has a positive effect on health, social relationships as well as efficiency, and productivity.
Where to go for a Digital Detox?
Dr. Vishwanath B L is a Consultant Diabetologist and Physician, a Weight Loss Consultant, a Therapeutic Fasting and Wellness Expert as well as a Health Transformation and Wellness Speaker. Through focusing on wellness, Therapeutic Fasting, and Digital Detox, Dr. Vishwanath has been successful in bringing back happiness in the lives of his patients. He is an expert when it comes to dealing with his patients. You can rest assured that you are in the expert hands of Dr. Vishwanath.
To know more about Dr. Vishwanath and schedule your first appointment; visit: https://drvishwanath.com/
Addiction to digital devices is a problem of serious concern. Some find the process of Digital Detox easy, others find it difficult. People need to understand their needs and seek help when they find it necessary.