For today’s modern, healthy lifestyle, let us pick some of the vital points from our ancient wisdom. The following 5 keys highlight how to drink water correctly, added with some tips for health.
- In empty stomach early in the morning, consume around 500 to 650 ml of warm water. This keeps your internal organs active and turns them quite receptive for the day ahead. Moreover, warm water helps cleanse your colon in the morning, hence increasing the efficiency of the intestines to absorb bodily nutrients. And it also flushes and detoxifies your liver. Note that you should not drink or eat anything post 45 minutes you consume warm water in the morning. Additionally, drinking ‘warm’ is the healthiest way to drink water and even Japanese, Chinese, and our Indian Ayurveda suggest the same. Because drinking cold water will slow down the digestion process by shrinking your blood vessels.
- Take a glass of lukewarm water, just 30 minutes before meal. This makes digestion better. You might have come across various suggestions and clinical recommendations on drinking water schedules before your meals; drinking excess water during meals can interfere in the action of digestive enzymes. So, consume it minimally and before the meals.
- To reduce blood pressure, take 1 glass of water before taking a bath. Have you heard people (mostly old adults) complain that they fainted inside their bathrooms suddenly and hurt themselves badly? To avoid that instability in your BP, try this water drinking method.
- 1 glass of lukewarm water must be consumed prior to 30 minutes of your sleep. This will help you retain energy level, helps hormones function optimally, and keeps the joints and bones relaxed and balanced; follow this method and you will get rejuvenated the next day morning since you gave the water sufficient time to replenish fully in every part of your body! As per ancient wisdom, water is a natural blood thinner and it increases blood circulation, hence avoiding problems such as stroke and heart attack.
- Store water in silver or copper vessels and consume them for the best health. The reason is that silver vessels hold the power of removing any free radicals from your body, thus giving it a cool effect inside the intestines; and this is going to make the digestion process seamless. Further, copper is filled with many antibacterial properties, anti-cancer agents, and antioxidants, all to help boost your immune system.
Did you know that our ancestors lived for more years by drinking water stored in copper vessels? This is way better to try than your modern aqua-filtering counterparts!
Adding to the all said, you must drink around 3 to 3.7 liters of water every single day.
The 5 Benefits of Drinking More Water
As we noted before, excess water is bad. But just a little bit more can give you the best benefits possible. So, drinking more water is beneficial, as it:
- Protects your kidneys and helps prevent kidney stones.
- Activates and energizes the brain and related muscles.
- Balances the fluids of your body and controls added calories.
- Maintaining normal or optimal bowel functioning.
- Helps the skin look hydrated and glowing.
Special Note – If you have suffered kidney failure or heart failure, then please restrict your normal water intake level to 1 liter only.