Fruits become an integral part of a balanced diet, promoting a healthy lifestyle. They are rich in nutrients, vitamins, and minerals.
But 90% of people across the world do not consume fruits in the way it should be consumed.
We all eat fruits and how many of us know that there is a right way to eat fruits. You may ask when to eat fruits or can we eat fruits at night. In this blog, we will reveal the hidden secrets of how and when should we eat fruits and why.
Should you eat fruits before or after a meal?
Eating fruits after a meal is not a good idea. It may not be digested properly. As a result, the nutrients may not be absorbed. However, there are many benefits of eating fruits on an empty stomach or in between meals.
Though fruits are healthy, eat them in moderation as they are high in sugar content.
Below are a few points that need to be strictly followed to get the best out of fruits.
- Always consume whole fruits rather than drinking fruit juices.
- If you like fruit juices, drink only fresh fruit juice in small quantities without added sugar. Avoid juices from cans, bottles and tetra pack ones, etc. unless they are cold-pressed and use by date is just days and doesn’t have any preservatives or oxidizing agent and doesn’t have added sugar.
- Avoid heating fruit juices. Don’t drink fruit juices that are heated.
- Never eat cooked fruits as cooking fruits destroys key nutrient profiles from it.
- If you are drinking fresh fruit juices then ensure you drink mouthful and allow it to mix with your saliva before swallowing it.
- You can go on 3 days of fruit fast to detoxify your body, just eating fruits and drinking fruit juices.
- Do a 3-day fruit detox every month to stay healthy and prevent various lifestyle diseases including cancer.
Fruits are also filling as they contain water and fiber contents. If you eat fruits regularly, your skin will look radiant. It also improves your intelligence as it helps to promote neural activities within the brain and avoid several lifestyle diseases including cancer. Eat more fruits to improve overall health and reduce the risk of disease.
Diabetics and obese people should avoid fruit juices as they are devoid of fibers and spike blood sugars. If you are diabetic or obese, contact the best diabetes doctor in Bangalore, Dr. Vishwanath, to book an appointment.